Procedure#:HB SOP 80
Policy/Purpose: Hillman Beer provides a fair and transparent policy on time and attendance, within the workplace. Excessive tardiness, failure to clock in repeatedly and failure to work a partial or whole shift without approval are all offenses that can result in disciplinary action and/or termination. Hillman Beer utilizes a point system to ensure a firm but fair treatment for all hourly team members, BOH and FOH.
- The manager provides the team member with information on the attendance policy and clearly outlines expectations listed in the Team Member Handbook.
Tracking for Time and Attendance are as follows:
- Tardiness of more than 1 minute: ½ point
- Tardiness of more than 15 minutes: 1 point
- Clocking out after the end of the shift without manager approval: 1 point
- Failure to clock in for the start of a shift: ½ point
- Failure to clock out for the end of a shift: ½ point
- Failure to work any part of a scheduled shift: 2 points
- Failure to provide coverage for any part of a scheduled shift: 3 points
- The manager reviews the time punches in 7shifts, daily, and adds points per the list above to each team member that incurs any points for the shift. This point system is the Matrix under the location in the GM Dashboard.
- Once the manager has reviewed the 7 Shifts punches for the day and updated the Matrix in the GM dashboard, they should check the box under the date to let other managers know this day has been reviewed (avoid double work).
- The manager alerts any team member that has recurring time and attendance issues and fills out one of the training action forms, per the discussion. Any green highlight on the matrix should be a note to file for the team member, yellow is disciplinary action form, and red is termination unless HR or COO advises otherwise.
- The Disciplinary Action form will be signed by the manager and team member and given to the HR Manager to be filed in the team members file.
- The manager will follow the “Absenteeism Standard” regularly and issue Coaching/Corrective Action Forms, as accrued by the team member.
- 3 Points in 30 days
- 6 Points in 90 days
- 9 Points in 180 days
- 12 Points in 365 days
Note: a “no call, no show” can result in immediate disciplinary action, leading up to termination. Also, the matrix will show you when to document a team member by lighting up yellow, and when termination is up for review when highlighted red.