Procedure#:HB SOP 66
Policy/Purpose: Hillman Beer strives to bring quality entertainment to our guests each week. This policy is to help ensure consistency and a great guest experience for all of our trivia nights at OFT. Currently our trivia is done by Canio.
- Every Thursday night we have trivia at OFT at 7:00pm. Sign ups and teams gather starting at 6:30pm.
- Trivia posts on social media should be posted by 12pm that day.
- Verify that there are trivia gift cards paid for and loaded with $50 for winning teams.
- At the beginning of the month the GM should create a $50 gift card for each of the weeks there will be trivia between the 6th of that month and the 5th of the following month which falls during your credit card statement cycle.
- Bring a gift card to the cash drawer and make sure the SVC lead on duty is aware it is there so they can hand it to the host at the beginning of the trivia game.
- Use the “reserved” table tent signs behind the bar to reserve an adequate number of tables on the ramp side of the taproom. During busy trivia nights, the whole ramp side may need to be reserved. Additional reserved signs can be found in the front office. These signs should be placed starting at 4:45pm so that by 5:30pm all tables are reserved.
- Bring the box of pencils, rectangular Powerwerks speaker, microphone, and microphone cord located in the office to the table under the TV for the host to use.
- Verify the microphone connection and power plug in for the speaker and perform a mic check.
- Bring a loaded $50 gift card to the cash drawer and make sure the SVC Lead on duty is aware, so they can hand it to the host at the beginning of the trivia game.
- Ensure that beertenders are actively coming out from behind the bar to help guests refill beverages and food. This is very important as guests do not like to walk away from the game while playing it and will often not get another round without help.
- Note: It is against ALE regulation to allow trivia hosts to drink while performing.
****In the event that the trivia host is not available, management is responsible for running the trivia.
- Contact the trivia host for questions as they will be absent.
- Best practice is to read over questions and make sure you don’t have any concerns or questions regarding them.
- Be on time and setup, as listed above, in the reserved trivia area by approximately 6:30 pm (answer sheets printed, and host questions printed)
- Conduct announcements about starting and team sign ups at 6:30pm.
- Announce questions in the exact order that they are received from the trivia host.
- Allow about 5-10 minutes breaks between each round so that guests can order more beer and/or food.
- Winner for the day receives a $50 gift card from the register as normal.